Snail Vine

(Zone 5a)

I have read in the data base that you have to cut this plant back before it will bloom. What I need to know is how far do I cut it back? I have pinched the ends but the darn thing just keeps growing with no blooms, or are these little nodes the place where it will bloom.

Thumbnail by windsurffer
New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Wind, I am sure Calalily or Dave will tell you about this so mine keep growing vines beautiful and waiting for the flowers . I can't wait to see and smell. =)

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

i didn't cut mine back. I read that you let it grow as big as you want it and then take out the growing tip, but I didn't get to before mine started blooming, it's about 3' tall.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Wind, my snail vine is all over the place and has been blooming for quite a while now. My corkscrew vine is a little slower but is beginning to get buds. I didn't cut either of them back. Corkscrew must be at least 8-9 ft. tall now. Snail vine is hard to tell because it is twisted around everything and crawling across the ground too. They are definitely two different plants.

(Zone 5a)

RR I did post a message for Cala in Garden Talk but got no response so I thought I would ask here. I know that she is so busy planinig her trip and doesnt' have the time to get to all the post here.

Tig and Brugie you have help out a lot, I had no idea if I was going to have blooms this year or not, the sweat was starting to form on my brow. Everything else in my garden has gone wrong, so I didn't want this to be one of them, I spent to much money on the beauties,and when I make an investment...I except dividend lol

Thanks you all, your just the greatest!

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Wind, sorry, I didn't see this. I was out of town and when I cam e back it was too far down. Don't cut those little things off, that's where the flowers come out. It's just now time for it to start blooming.

(Zone 5a)

Thanks Cala, I think I got it now. Dave had given me some advice. Enjoy the rest of your trip, I do look forward to meeting you when you get to Ohio.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.