books with photos

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

Can anyone recommend books with photos on daylilies? I am trying to find names for those I have- I do use certain sites on the net, but could use any references (books or computer sites) that you may find particulary helpful, esp, if they divide by color!!!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi Marcia,
I am much in the same boat as you. LOL Have you tried Oakes daylily website? They have tons of them. If you want the site, I have it bookmarked. :)

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Marcia - did you buy them from a paticular place? Your source would probably be your best bet to help ID. I think I've said before there are something like 10,000 daylily hybrids out there. One source I came accross said it's more like 45,000. No one site or book will have them all. Some of them look very similar to each other.

I have given up on most of my lost-named hybrids - I have plenty too. I think it's a lesson that all gardeners learn at some point. It may not seem like a big deal at the time of planting but at some point down the road we all wish we kept the names of our plants.

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

I have not tried Oakes site, so will go there. Poppysue- I got these from trades,family, friends or the lady that I talked about on the prayer forum- never had their names. There may have been a couple that had been marked when I still believed that Sharpie pen was permanent (like the old fashioned purple one that I had discovered the name of and tagged). There are probably 10,000 solid yellow ones alone!!!!!!!!!lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.