Can you say Dumpster Diving?

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

This was my first dumpster diving experience, and it was only at my neighbors house. lol
He rented one of those dumpsters to clean out his side yard and shed. I saw him put 2 iron gates into the dumpster and ran over to see them. Wow, what a find. I asked him if I could have them, so he took them back out and put them in my garage. I told him he would be sorry that he was throwing them out, after he sees what I was going to do with them. I sanded all the rust off and sprayed Rustoleum on them. I then walked all over the garden looking for the best place to put them. My DH and I rested them together for a moment and realized that they looked good at that angle...so I attached them together with hose clamps and BAMB...I now have a new trellis for my garden.
This is the before picture and look at the after on the other posting.
It cost me a total of $8.00 for paint and clamps.

Donna

Thumbnail by SoCal
This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!