Will my Splish Splash recover???

Perrysburg, OH(Zone 5a)

I posted in another forum that my *@#&*% lawn guy cut down a whole bunch of my plants, one of them was a brand new gallon sized splish splash---cut right to the ground!!!! All thats left is a little tiny nub...do you think it will come back, I only planted it a couple of weeks ago.
Becky

Bolton, Greater Manc, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Becky - fear not it will certainly return as it is a perrenial and will benefit from a hair cut despite losing those gorgeous flowers. Your only worry, if it is newly planted is to keep it well watered until it is established. If it hadnt already flowered prior to being cut back if may well flower later in the year. All you have to do then is sit back and enjoy.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

BJT72: I would suggest you dig a large hole, bludgen the lawn guy with a shovel, dump him in it, and replant the Splish Splash. No doubt the geranium will benefit from a bit of fertilizer! I hope he was remorseful!

Perrysburg, OH(Zone 5a)

well he did tell me he knows the diffrence between plants and grass!!!! Keep in mind he has been cutting my lawn for two years now and offer to mow next time at no charge!!! HA I don't think so!!!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Well, BJT72, technically, grass is a plant, too, but I think that concept is beyond his experience. He'd have been better off to tell you he experienced a spasm in his wrist that prevented him from missing the plants!

Maybe he was day dreaming of Sam Neill too. Why does that man creep into all our conversations weezin?!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Hands gripping the mower handles, lips imparting a dreamy smile, blue and white petals fluttering about... who could deny the lawn mower man a dream or two!

Perrysburg, OH(Zone 5a)

If you've ever seen the tv show "Keeping up Appearances" he looks just like Hyacinths brother in law Anslow except he has alot more hair on his back.....you know the kind that tufts out the edge the tank top sleeves!!! I don't even want to know what he dreams about.....maybe nair for men!!!

Oh please Im eating my supper. Weezin and I are members of our exclusive Sam Neill Fan Club. Who is your idea of the sexiest male and which geranium would he be holding in his teeth?

Weezin - you should be a writer what a wonderful picture you paint!

Perrysburg, OH(Zone 5a)

OMG....Harrison Ford no doubt!!!! especially in his cute little Indiana Jones outfit ya know, with the whip!!! lol
As for the geranium He would have TWO one johnson's blue and one bilkova!!!!
Btw, just kidding about the whip!!!

Harrison Ford no way hes far too old, though I suppose in his Indie days, you may have a point. Why Johnsons Blue?

Perrysburg, OH(Zone 5a)

Because it picks up the lovely blue twinkle in his eyes!!!!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Oh, I can see I missed a bit more daydreaming since I was last here. I've been out pruning alders while you two are conjuring up "hunks". My goodness, Psilo, I thought Harrison Ford is too young for me! Sean Connery is quite a stunner... he could even leave his "rug" at the door. I like a bit of baldness on my men. When I was a young girl, I was fond of Van Heflan... guess my tastes run to the unusual rather than the beautiful... better a borage than a rose. That last bit was my attempt to stay on the flower theme of this thread.

Van who? guess I'll have to look that one up. Sean Connery, no way. I used to have a thing for Robert Wagner, now theres a man who improved with age. Still too old. They need to be between 35 and 45, I prefer the older, nore mature man.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Well, psilo, for me to have an older, more mature man, I have to check the hospitals and retirement homes.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

Jeremy Irons, and he can hold any flower he wants! and right behind him is Bruce Willis. You girls got me to daydreaming earlier and these two are at the top of my list way ahead of any others!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Gosh, I don't know who Jeremy Irons is, either! Guess I'm not keeping my eyes open! Of course, Bruce Willis is a charmer. He and Demi Moore spent a night or two in Seward several years ago. They rented a rather nice house up on a bluff overlooking the boat harbor.

weezin get on the internet and look Jeremy up, not as good as Sam, but definate daydream material. As for Bruce Willis oh my, long live the string vest! Thanks for that Tig I,d forgotton about him. Are you a Sam Neill fan too?

Actually I ought to start a Kyli Minogue Fan club too. NOt to be sexist about this. But, who do you wish you looked like? I wish I looked like Miss Minogue. Unfortunatley I look more like Rozanne Barr!!!!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

everyone loves Sam Neill, don't they???? I wish I looked like Ashley Judd. or Michelle Phieffer. and you have to hear Jeremy Irons speak to really fall for him I believe! well, maybe not:) but it doesn't hurt!

Sorry Tig I,m doing a weezin here - i've never heard of Ashley Judd, and I dont know why but I always thought you were male. Shows how wrong a gal can be!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

LOL!!! nope, I'm not. Ashley Judd is gorgeous, but not in a 'don't touch me' way. She's like real people. http://www.antoninoc.it/Top_model/Ashley_Judd_Luca10.jpg

but if I were a guy, I'd want to look like Jeremy Irons, and Ashley Judd would make me swoon:)

Perrysburg, OH(Zone 5a)

Oh my, since we're still daydreaming another one of my favorites is David Bowie, not in the 70's but I think he has gotten very handsome with age. And I agree with you Weez about Sean Connery very very handsome, I've always like older men, my dh is even 10 yrs older than me!!!

Tig cant say I recognise the face at all,but she has nice eyes. I was told I had real artists eyes as they have every colour in them (blue/green and brown)
Jeremy Irons is ancient. I think, if I couldnt look like Sam Neill I would rather look like Robbie Williams. He is more my age and has the same sense of humour as me!

As for older guys - am I the only girl who likes them under 50!!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Well, I can see the conversation hasn't changed direction! I just recalled one of my favorites... mostly due to his acting ability... Rip Torn! I've always had a crush on Hoyt Axton's voice... though I'm not necessarily a country music fan.

Weezin - I know I live on another continent but sometimes I think I live in another world. I've never heard of any of these guys.
By the way do you ever go into the forums chatrooms?

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

I'm not proficient with chat rooms. I tried the Tuesday night chat room on Dave's, but I felt like a snail trying to cross a busy freeway. I mostly dart in, say "Hi", get flustered, say "Bye", wait for the responses, then sign off. It also takes place pretty early in my day for our time zone.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.