Help!! How do you train Climbers? .

Oak Ridge, NJ(Zone 6a)

The answer may truly be "With a big stick".... Haha.

Bought 15 nice Climbing Hydrangeas. They were all tied up and about 30 inches high. Took off the plant ties and of course, now they just droop. Have a cyclone fence that they will be climbing on, but don't know how, or what material to use, to train them up the fence.

Also, one manufacture said plant 15 to 20 feet apart and the other said 10 feet apart?

Please I need some advice. Want to do it right the first time instead of being sorry later on..

Thanks, Dorise

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

maybe this site will help ... http://www.diynet.com/DIY/article/0,2058,7379,00.html

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I tie them with pieces of nylon hosery, cut into strips. They have a will of their own to start with.

Jesteburg-Wiedenhof, Germany(Zone 8a)

You've bought 15!!! ???

They could cover the front of the American 'White House' in 12 years!!!!

Tie them up, Dorise and lead/bend the arms towards the wall on which they should cling, don't move them again (or at least the ones you want to leave there).

I have seen a house here in Hamburg with two at the front..... ok, they are 30 years old, but they are about 15 metres high (45ft), and are 12 metres (36ft) apart, and meet about 1m 50cm (5ft) above the ground.

Hope this helps

Wintermoor

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.