White clitoria

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

This is the single one. I tried to take a photo of the double blue too but it was out of focus. I got these seeds either from Brugie or Kay.

Thumbnail by Calalily
Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

That's very pretty! I got some seeds from Dinu this week that are Blue Single, and Blue Double Clitoria. Is there any special preparation I need to do for them. Sun, Shade, water, etc?

"eyes"

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Cala, glad you got some to grow. Mine disappeared. I think I must have given them away when sharing my plants with family. My single blue has started to bloom, very pretty color, but my double blue ended up being cassia seed.

S.

Brugie, I'm pretty sure the blue is double, it looks like it has too many petals. I'll save you some seed. Wonder if cuttings would root?
Eyes, I started mine in pots, soak the seeds overnight first and they come up better. I have these plants in mostly sun, rich well drained soil and I water frequently. They seem to be doing great. One is climbing up a Morning Glory Tree and another is trying to get a grip on a TiKI torch.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Cala.........I'll soak them today, and let you all know how they do. It was suggested that they are great in hanging baskets....do you think they will be full enough for that?

"eyes"

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Thanks Cala, would love to try them again. Will be more careful when I give stuff away next time. The single blue is pretty, but I think I might have them a little too thick. Might go cut a few out of the clump. Have had about three or four blooms so far and they are just now trying to vine. Such a beautiful blue color.

Brugie, I have the double blue too, I took 4 cuttings today. I want it to vine a bit more before I cut the top out. I used side branches to see how they do. These are doing much better in the ground than mine did last year in pots. I overwatered them in the pots last year and they took a while to recover.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Good luck with the cuttings. I've started doing some hibiscus and quite a few brugs. Can't stand to throw the bottom shoots away. Of course, I have to fight the toad for the real estate. He is getting better at staying in the home I provided for him. At least he hasn't killed any cuttings for a while.

Brugie, they can be pigs when they find a spot they like. I stuck some Hibiscus cuttings too.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Cala, today I noticed a single white in with the blue. I wonder what I did? I don't usually plant like that. Maybe I just stuck them in the same planting hole since that was the last available fence post to let them grow on. Now they are twining into the grape vines. Next time I think I would use them as a basket plant. I can't really see them all that well where I planted them.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Very Pretty, sort of like the Calico bloom only it is colorful.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

http://plantsdatabase.com/go/528/
I have found mine to grow on its own, without any trouble - has the capability of reseeding itself. I now have got some seeds of white double from a trade and it should bloom in a couple of weeks. It should do well on a trellis and also in full sun.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

Dinu, I thought I got my double white seeds from you! LOL! my memory is the pits. Anyway, the double white is gorgeous.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Brugie, you will face problems of distinguishing when you have to collect seeds and label them. LOL. If you find any ways of separating the white from the blue, you do it before it is too late.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Guess tagging is one reason I bought a 1000 slip on tags. Mine are now starting to crawl through the grape vines. I'm in trouble here!! Will just have to wait and see if I can tag after I get more bloom. I'm bummed that these are planted together and don't know what happened to my doubles yet.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Brugie, if you need those double blues, e-mail me. I have plenty to spare.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.