Got the blues! WOW!

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

over on the next block from me.

Thumbnail by mingsmimi
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Mingsmini,
Are most in your neighborhood blue ones? Here lots of people have them and they are huge and so beautiful. Most around here are dark pink. I have a few also and mine are a lighter pink though in the last week thay are getting darker.

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

I am having trouble finding ones in town. So far, just the 2 photos I posted. The farther north you go. they really change colors. Real blue and deep purple. I just love them.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

So do I ming..............they remind me of huge soft fluffy pillows of blooms. hard not to be in love as I am a flower floozey!!!

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Saw these in TN..............they were georgeous!!!! Sure wish I could grow them here!!

"eyes"

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

You can;t grow them? What a shame. thats awful.!!

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

They start out okay in the spring, but by the middle of summer, it's a tragedy!!

"eyes"

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

that is too sad. maybe if you grew it in a pot on a porch? must be just too hot huh? I know mine get whimpy.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

You all need to move here to california............

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

? I Couldnot do that . If I have to garden all the time.... I would grow to hate it. I need a breather. Mentally and physically. ALthough.....It WOULD be nice for my fibes. I ache so much less in the warm than in the cold.

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

or are there hydrangea there all the time????

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

oh how beautiful!!!! i am sure going to purchase more hydrangeas! every color i can find, lol oh, and mings i went to your page and saw your pic!!! how cute, you blend beautifully with the flowers. :)

This message was edited Friday, Jul 12th 11:32 AM

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi Mingsmimi, we have a log season of hydrangeas and people have them in their yards all over. Big, fat hydrangeas in gorgeous bloom. I just love them all! I saw some incredible varieties online from links that some daveys posted and fell in love again! Oh to have a huge yard!

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

chubby hydrangea!! What a dream! WOW! bet its so pretty!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.