July 2, 2002

southeast, NE

Good afternoon all! Looks like another rainless day. It was cloudy last night but didn't amount to anything. We had part of prairie hay field baled yesterday. Cross your fingers - sheep shearer is finally coming on July 4. Next year we definitely have to do things different - grumble grumble.

Anyone know a good pesticide for grasshoppers? I did powder with Eight - hope that works. They have stripped my eggplant practically to the stems. Also doing a number of flowers, etc.

DD has to go give sheep showing lessons tonight. It is about a 2 hour drive. I worry about her driving to and from but she says she is a "big girl".

Kathy Jo - great deal on the tank! Dh is always looking for those kind of finds. He noticed that a farm that had a sale several months ago had an old bent up heavy duty fence panel. He called the owner and the owner said we could have it - it was left there after the sale. We just use the panels to set up a coral in the pasture where no one really cares what they look like.

Better go - you all have a great day and keep praying for the rain for those who need it!

This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!