Olive Tree

I've been given a very small Olive tree as a present from my Mother. I've followed the tag instructions faithfully but it's in trouble. The leaves are going brown and falling off.

It's original position was on an East facing windowsill (it's only 4inches tall) but I've now moved it so that it benefits from full light but not strong light.

Any other suggestions as I don't want to lose it.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Baa, hope this url help u ... http://www.evergreengardenworks.com/olive.htm i have not grown one, therefore do not know what to tell U. good luck!

Ahhhh Many thanks MVR, that site is very helpful. I think I've not watered thoroughly enough before each drying out.

Much appreciated :)

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

my pleasure Baa :)!

Rethymno, Crete, Greece(Zone 10b)

Baa, if everything else fails I can send you by mail several rooted cuttings - they are quite cheap here, and they will only take 2 days to reach you. I can also send you olive pips from wild olive, they are hardier that the various cultivated types.

Let me know.

Dimitri

Dimitri

You are a star! I shall keep your kind offer in mind, perhaps I have something you are looking for.

The leaf drop appears to have halted with the advice from MVR but it's early days yet :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.