Just a little shady corner.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

A few Hostas. Some Astilbe & Jacobs Ladder we grew from seed. Super Elfins were just set out the other day. Couple things in with the perennials are wild. Look nice so we leave them grow.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Lovely photo CountryGardens. I have lots of shady gardens here, but our weather isn't too kind to impatiens. The hostas grow fine here, though. Looks like a nice little corner.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Spent 2 weeks at Black Rapids training camp, (100 miles south of Fairbanks) in 1968. I was in National Guard, so we had to learn mountain climbing. We were there June 12 to the 25th. Beautful country. Can't beat those mountains & glariers. Still would like to go back to see more sights.
Hard to beleive how fast things grow with 24 hour sun!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Yes, thing grow fast here, but they need an early start. Almost everything I grow is started indoors. There is some wonderful country up here. I'm not sure what part of Minnesota you are from, but I'll bet your winters are harsher than ours here along the coast. However, your summers are probably hotter than ours, and that gets thing growing too.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I am in the 2nd row of counties from the bottom, almost center east & west. We had easy winter this year. Normally get about 4 ft of snow. Snows, then some melts then some more. Low temp 30 below zero. Been hot last few days. 98 on Sat afternoon. 41 yr old guy died of heat stroke while baling hay. 93 today with 25 mile hour wind, so could stand it pretty good. Hope tomarrow is better, we pick for the Farmers Market held in the afternoon.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

CountryGardens: I'm from Indiana originally, but have lived here in Seward for about 28 years, so I don't recall much about midwest gardening, except we got lots of produce down there... and hot summers! Back in the early 70's, I spent a year in northern Wisconsin right on the Minnesota border, so I have some knowledge of that area, but not the south. The winters were very, very cold, and the summers could get very hot. It was some really beautiful country and the people were really nice. It is my second favorite place to be. Take care in that heat!

Bardstown, KY(Zone 6a)

'bump'

What's it look like now Bernie?

Doug

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

It has been cool lately. Only 80 some today. Yesterday there was scattered storms. None came our way.
We have a bumper crop of veggies.
Grain farmers are talking 240 bushel corn. Unbelievable. This is a great area of the world.
About 2 months, Doug, 'till the big party.
Bernie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.