Ulitima Morpha Viola

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

I couldn't resist the seed for this viola when I saw it in the catalog. The flowers are larger than I expected, certainly more the size I would call a pansy... but it's an eye catcher.

Thumbnail by Weezingreens
Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

I'm a sucker for that colour combination. My whole front grden is based around blue and yellow, though i usually don't go in for colour theming at all. And those cute whiskers LOL!!!!

Bolton, Greater Manc, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Fantastic colour.I must admit Im a sucker for a set of fine whiskers too!!!

Prefer mine clean shaven psilo, apart from my animals!! LOL!! Hmmmm digging a hole here.........

The deeper the better. What no stubble burn!!!!!!!!

No thanks, been there done that, rather not thanks all the same. Prefer my skin intact!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Have to agree with psilo here. I don't mind a clean face on my pansies, but I like whiskers on my tomcats. Beards are much softer than stubble, eh, psilo?

I have to agree with Philomel about the blues and yellows. They are such a pretty mix. It seems many varieties of blue flowers do well up here... campanula, delphinium, geranium, veronica, adonephora, centaurea, lupin, iris, aquilegia, as well as viola. As for yellows, I'd have to think a bit harder... trollius, for one. I won't count the dandelions!

I dont like beards, but stubble sures beats having to buy a facial scrub!

Seriously do you even get dandelions in the outer regions of Alaska? Is there no limit to this weeds ternacity?

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

I've asked Dennis, and he says he's not seen seen dandelions along the Bering Coast...western Alaska. He says the "soil" there is river silt, so I suppose it doesn't suit the discriminating tastes of the stately dandelion. He says he hasn't seen them on the Aleutian Chain, either. I guess we must be blessed here in southcentral Alaska!

Truly, girls, beards are soft and friendly... you simply have to find a man than tends his. If it is untrimmed, clogged with breakfast egg yolk, or just plain unclean, it's not appealing in any way. If a man has a heavy beard growth, there will always be a whisker burn.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

The dandelion. my dh doesn't like her, but i have always found her, to be a strong woman. a survivor here on earth. a cheery disposition to all, except those who wield the chemical wand. like my dh. :)

now a mustache is fine,
it can tickle you know
and at the right time
well....you'll know. ;-)

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Yes, Debi-z, the dandelion does have its charms, as does the moustache!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.