Triple Datura

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

This one has three outer layers and a fully packed center.
The tomato worms are eating the leaves. I didn`t know they would get on them but overnight they have devowered a lot of leaves.

This message was edited Mar 25, 2005 11:31 AM

Thumbnail by busybee
Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Busybee, that is gorgeous....earmark some seeds of this one for me please. We can figure out a trade at that time. thanks for posting this lovely flower

(Zone 8a)

Wow that is pretty! I have one seedling that survived and hope to see blooms like that too!

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

good job Mary :)! Congratulations!!!

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

I sure will pebble, and Rebecca if yours don`t make it keep me in mind if you want some more seed. Thanks MaVie.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Beautiful, I loves it. Save me some seeds and will trade with you my fresh one soon. You have mail~

This message was edited Wednesday, Jun 26th 3:50 PM

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Sure thing,RR.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Thanks!!!! (((HUGS)))

(Zone 5a)

Awwwhhh it is so lovely.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

May be my garden would be decorated with such a beauty one day! Lovely. Have planted the seeds.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

it is indeed a beauty. here is a link to the triple datura i grew Sept. 2001 http://toshiba.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b301d60f05ca¬ag=1 ... please view as a slide.

the ones i planted this year has not flowered yet. soon as flower appear i will try to post.

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

That's gorgeous!

Spicewood, TX(Zone 8b)

Beautiful! Just beautiful! I had these and the double purple ones one year. I wonder if they cross? Anyone know?

Pine City, MN(Zone 4a)

Never seen anything like that. Wonderful.

(Zone 5a)

MVR yours is just as lovely, and I love all datura's and hope to have them all.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Kit, those pics. did not happen overnight. i took those photo as i see the plant transforn to the beauty it was then. last year was my 1st experience to grow datura. the seed from that triple was labeled double & single datura. i have no way of knowing which one that came from, but with lots of tlc. i think i was rewarded accdgly :).

sorry Mary, i didn't mean to intrude on ur thread... just wanted to share the record of the datura i took from last year's growth in stages.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I had no idea they were that beautiful.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

they are not only beautiful, they have a lovely scent to them that permeates the evening air in the garden. they are a sight to behold... which prompted me to record them in stages.

(Zone 5a)

I had seeds for what I thought was a triple yellow datura, which turned out to be a weed.
Busybee if you have any extra's please keep me in mind, thanks.

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

I already have your name down on my list. I will send them just as soon as they are ready. So far the seed are still in the seed ball.

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Busybee, thanks for earmarking some for me :)

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

You are very welcome.

(Zone 5a)

Thank you so much /;}

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

2002 Thread

Beautiful picture so I'm bumping the thread.

Judy

San Jose, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks for bumping it, Judy. That is one gorgeous flower.

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

busy bee- if you have any extra of the triple yellow- I would absolutely love some. I grew it three years ago and had rave comments from visitors. However last year I couldn't get the seeds to germinate and this year I have tried three times and so far nothing. The purple and white germinate fine for me. Maybe I have so 'not so good' seed! Anyhow, if you have more than you can use, I'd sure love them! Thanks SS

Victorville, CA

Oh how lovely! I just got some triple yellow daturas in a round robin. I hope mine turn out this lovely too! Now I can't wait to get them started!
-Juli

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Juli... u need for the ground soil to get warmer to plant the seeds. try not to plant sooner, cuz u got way too long for the seedling to come up or the seed will just rot. i just throw them on the warm ground. i wait for daytime temps of upper 70ish and night time of upper 60's. i have not been lucky to plant seeds indoors... the reason why i wait till around May or June to plant them. and no, it is not too late by then cuz the hot summer weather will really perk up daturas like a magic wand.

Victorville, CA

Thank you! I'll wait another month. It will be worth the wait!
-Juli

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

i do the same here. since i have limited number of seeds, i'd rather wait than waste them. good luck!

Victorville, CA

Thanks MaVie! I sent you an email!
-Juli

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.