MICHIGANDERS and others plant trade date!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

we are having a plant trade this spring!!! come to a plant trade on
Sunday, June 10...noon til we drop! New location...Moffatt Twp. Park, i think this is in alger! will get more details soon...Im really excited!!!The park has a covered pavilion with picnic tables, so we don't have to
worry about weather or have to haul around tables and chairs. Also a
playground for kids. Trees all around, quite nice.
ANYONE interested???

*i may have a small one at my house mid-may if things go well! NO NO NO-5 boys is my LIMIT!! nonono A small plant trade silly silly girl!!!
dori

This message was edited Wednesday, Apr 18th 11:43 AM

This message was edited Friday, Apr 20th 12:03 PM

Elizabethton (Stoney, TN(Zone 6b)

Does this mean that Dori is expecting a baby?

Saint Clair Shores, MI(Zone 5a)

I live in St. Clair Shores, but not a native Michigander - where is Alger...is it near Bay City? I am very interested in a plant swap, and meeting some other Dave's Garden folk.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

karen its north of bay city...about a hr. I hope you can make it. We had alot of fun last year and the plants i had it packed fuller when I left than when I arrived. My friend went with me -she had nothing to trade...she ended up with as much as i did! Im thinking U-haul this year!;]
You could even stop here on your way. =]

Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4a)

Please keep us posted Martha
I am in Houghton Lake and i believe Alger is close to me and would love to attend and share ...
thanks
MerrySunshine

aka lisa

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

bumping this back up to the top!!!

Sunday, June 10 Noon til we drop Moffatt Township Park Alger, Michigan (10 miles south of West Branch • about 40 miles north of Bay City • about 2 hours north of Ann Arbor and Pontiac) Take I-75 north to the 202 exit. Exit to the right to follow M-33 north for a very short distance. Less than 1/2 mile north you will see a Shell Station/Forwards on the right and a Mobil Station on the left. Crossing M-33 between them is Maple Ridge Rd. Here you have two choices: paved or unpaved route!

PAVED ROUTE: Take Maple Ridge Rd. left (west). You will only go a very short distance (a block or two) before you stop at Old M-76. Take M-76 left and go south approx. 1 mile to Newberry St. (at Bennett's garage). Take Newberry St. left and go approx. 2 blocks to Henry St. Turn left on Henry and the park is about 1/4 mile down on the left.

UN-PAVED ROUTE (only 1 mile unpaved): Take Maple Ridge Rd. right (east) and go 1/2 mile to Henry St. Turn right (south) onto Henry and go not quite one mile - the park is on the right. If I have thoroughly confused everyone, just email me directly!

We have our township park this year...it has a covered pavilion so we don't have to worry about weather, and there are picnic tables for us to use. Last year was a lot of fun, and looking forward to seeing everyone again...plus all the newbies!!!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i hope to see some of you there!!! IS ANYONE GOING TO BE THERE????????????????
heres a list of what im bringing-so far
james kelway-daisy
jupiters beard
ladybells
borage
2 kinds of onethera
varigated grass
blue fescue grass
silverking wormswood
canterbury bells
sweet william
5 types of ground sedums
purple palace coral bells
daisy
checker mallow
blazing stars
vicks plant
bouncing bet
verbena-bon
donkeytail spurge
ice ballet-butterfly weed
toadflax-pink
tall gaillardia
saxifrace
euphorbia
chinese laterns
dead nettle
corn flower-blue
glads
japanese poinsetta
jacobs ladder
lynchnis-2 kinds
lambs ears
and more
tons of seeds-in daves garden seed envelopes!!!!!
and whatever else i can pack in the van!!!!
hope to meet some of my davesgarden friends there!!!
dori

This message was edited Friday, Jun 8th 9:52 AM

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

bumping back up for the weekend-hope to see someone from daves there-any takers???
come on lets trade n have fun!!!
dori

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

Hey dori,
when you get back let me know if you bring any of your grasses back with you, or your canterbury bells or chinese lanterns. There's just no way I can make this one, but hopefully next time
Sandy

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

sandy i have tons of those-i will save you some-sure wish you were coming!=[
I will email you after I get back!
dori

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

Hey Karen 55...I'm right up the road here in Port Huron...we are neighbors!! My oldest son lives down your way, but he is over in Fair Haven

Dori..I hope you have a blast.i'll be thinking about you!
Sandy

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.