clematis better than ever!

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

I still cannot believe the blooms on this!!!
its been there for 2 yeas. last year. hardly a bloom. Look out this year. and they are still coming!

Thumbnail by mingsmimi
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Very pretty. What is the name of this one? You have some nice clematis.

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

ville de lyon . It just loves it there. so glad I didn;t move it. I moved one the other day. Think i might of done it major harm

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Oh good!! I just bought this one this spring. Maybe next year I'll see some bloom from it. Great picture.

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

I cut it back to about 6 inches. (before I had dg education) It was one of the first things to start to grow in teh spring. Its been doing well ever since. And I haven;t fed it either. ! Maybe I should give it a kicker of my 10-60-10 to see what it does.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

A lady in our town who raises lots of clematis told me to give each on a good shot of root stimulator in the spring. She said it will make a stronger plant with bigger bloom. I tried it on one of mine this year and I do believe she is right. It has more bloom and the vines have gone crazy. It is a Jackmanni and I always cut it back each year, so I know just how much more it has grown this time and I'd say by 25 percent.

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

root stimulator? I will have to do some research on that . don;t know what that is.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

That is so beautiful lots of flower also love the color too.

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Ming, that is absolutely to die for.....I am going to keep my eyes open for that one...

Brugie, what brand is your root stimulator?

This message was edited Wednesday, Jun 26th 3:51 PM

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Pebble, right now I'm using Ferti-Lome. I don't even remember where I got it, but it was less that $4 and is a pint container. Uses 3-1/2 Tb. per gallon. I think they all work about the same. Have another kind out in the garage. I think it is called Up-Start and is in the green and yellow bottle. Is that Ortho? I'm really bad at names and even worse at buying whatever is handy. I'm a Wally World shopper so chances are good that I got this stuff there.

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

Brugie...thanks for the info! Much appreciated

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

You are welcome. Wish I could get a picture of Gayla's yard. I think she said she had 27 clematis.

(Zone 8a)

27 clematis is a dream come true...you don't have a digital camera, brugie?

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Rebecca, I have one, but I rarely go to her part of town. Besides, how would I get them all in the same picture? Ooooo, that would really be something. I could maybe get the ones in the front of the house that are on old wagon wheels, so will have to think about this one.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

I can just picture all of you trying to get either in or out of your gardens!!!! a machete, please! Elaine

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.