SOLVED: I need help to ID a new seed from a trade

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

It's called CATS CLAW VINE does anyone know what this is?? it's a somewhat flat looking seed in a brown clear looking seed casing, like when you hold it up to the light you can see the actual seed through the outter casing,(if that makes since) Any information would be a great help.
thanks for the help in advance
mollybee

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

macfadyena-evergreen climber found in tropical forest and dry woodland from Mexico and west indies.
leaves are borne in opposite pairs, ec. with 2 spreading leaflets and a short 3clawed tendril. tublar bell shaped flowers from summer to fall
*sow seeds 61-70 temp as soon as ripe in spring
provide shelter from cold drying winds/moist but well drained soil-slightly acidy to slightly alkline in full sun.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

notmartha, thanks, for all the info. but 1 question, you said sow seeds 61-70 tempas soon as "ripe in spring" wonder what that means? do you think mine as ripe?? the seeds are brown in color and were passed along in a seed trade, so should I assume they are "ripe" enough to start?
mollybee

Plant as soon as ripe means plant when they're fresh. If you got them in a trade, they'd almost certainly be ripe. If they're brown, they're almost certainly ripe. If they're dry, brown and being traded, I'd plant them now.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the info, guess I'd better get busy.
Thanks again.
mollybee

Locust Grove, GA(Zone 7b)

mollybee and notmartha--this helps me a lot too! i am the one who gave her the seeds. i didn't know much about em either...susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.