a species Dahlia

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

just like the Gladilous I posted big and blousy isnt always beautiful. some big Dahlias are just gross.

what about the parent of some of these ugly children? this is Dahlia merckii (murk-e-i)

Thumbnail by mark
Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Yes, this has a cool and calm simplicity. Much more attractive than the OTT ones.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I love it. I'm growing an entire grouping of smaller unwin dwarf dahlias and the variety is just amazing. do you know if these (mine) would come true from seed, or is that a hybrid???

yours are more than likely hybrids which wont come true but you should get some interesting colors.

another one I have called D imperialis grows to 12' - yes thats twelve feet!! in a season.

Mark

Pine City, MN(Zone 4a)

Mark, you don't like that? I think it's beautiful! I love the pattern the petals make, and look at the wonderful texture they have. Gorgeous!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

12 feet?? the thought runs through my head, what do you do with a 12 ft tall flower??? I'm sure it needs staking to a telephone pole?

joan, I like this one!

tiG, as far as I know it is strong enough to stand up for itself

Valinda, CA(Zone 10a)

I have a tall one also. It grows some 12 feet and has single pink/purple blossoms. It propagates easily by planting sections of the mature stalk. In other words this fall I will have pieces to trade.

(Zone 5a)

I love the color on this one.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

George, I'd like to get on your list, just because I love dahlias and have never heard of this until today!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.