My aching back

Bolton, Greater Manc, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Seed collection has started in earnest and my back is killing me! Any remedies please?

I have a lower back problem and to ease it I wrap a small bag of frozen peas in a towel and place it on the sore spot for a couple of minutes at a time. If it's a fairly mild ache but tends to stay with you for a day or two, go straight back out and do some stretching excersises or walk for a couple of miles to keep the mucsles from stiffening.

I was thinking more along the lines of soaking in a hot bath with a very large whisky, all that walking sounds like hard work, as for the peas brrrr! but thanks anyway I'll bear it in mind

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

seeds already!! I just cut back all my himalayense, maculatums, clarkei,asphodeloides and pratense

Mark

Well why didnt you collect the seed from them then? or is it that the sun never shines in Ireland?

Soaking in a hot bath isn't always recommended strangely enough although I can see some benefit. I hate walking but I have to walk for at least 2 hours a day, it's not the same as when I was working in a manual job, walking 10+ hours a day I must admit but I need the excersise to keep the muscles and joints moving.

Apart from the Geranium phaeum, all the others are just beginning to flower now. I've never thought of it as late but you've both got me wondering now LOL. G pratense has grown to just over 3ft both ways this year, far to big for the spot it's in but it's dripping with flower buds.

I thought you lived in Hampshire! Usually we are two weeks behind you and my geraniums are all in full flower, with pyrenaicum, maculatum, sylvaticum all producing seed by the bucket load.

You guys disappoint me I thought your remedies would be much more imaginative! I think I'll stick to the whisky and a good rub down with a bag of frozen peas!

Even worse I live in Southern Hampshire LOL. Everyone keeps saying how early their flowers are but ours are on cue, I must be living in a time warp.

As for more interesting back pain remedies, I always accept a good back massage when it's offered, trouble is persuading someone to offer these days *G*. None of the herbal creams ever work for me :(

Sorry Baa my arms dont stretch long enough

By the way what does LOL mean?

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

laughing out loud. and if it's really funny, it's ROFLMAO which is rolling on floor, laughing my *** off!

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Here's a start in the lingo psilo :)
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/9801/chat.html

More please I,m very new to this

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

I've found a couple cocktails, a soak in the old claw foot cast iron tub, and a couple ibuprofen laced with benedril seem to make the day's labor fade away... as well as all that muck and mosquito repellent. Our bath water always has bits of grass, etc. floating in it!

Johnsons Blue is full bloom, as are a couple of my local wild geraniums. Nothing from the Splish Splash as yet, but it's in a shady spot...sorry, too tired to recall the latin names.

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

here're some more psilo ;-)

http://www.magicpub.com/netprimer/acronyms.html#G

weez - talk about fading away labours, after all that booze and pills you may fade away permenently. What are your wild geraniums and do you have any pics
Forget latin names i havent a clue

philomel - LOL!!! many thanks

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.