Any hostaholics here?

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

If so, I'd like to see your wants and have lists. Just maybe...Thanks...Brenda

Asheboro, NC

plantnutz, Yes, I do believe I could be in the hostaholics catagory. I have lots of shade to beautify.
I don't have many and my wants are big. Most of mine are just in the ground for their first winter. So, I am really excited when I see them coming up. And, tonight, we are supposed to have a freeze! WHY!

DO you have lots and how long have you been into this hostaholics attitude?

plantbug

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

This message was edited Dec 31, 2003 5:57 AM

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Thought this thread was about Hostas !! I have several types but am always interested in one I don't have. Can trade a few Blue Halcyon, Blue Cadet & Large Dark Green Sweetheart.

This message was edited Thursday, Apr 19th 12:05 AM

Olympia, WA(Zone 8b)

Has anyone heard of Gypsy Rose? I CAN'T WAIT to be able to divide her! That is my last and best one so far......

weebus

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

I got interested in hostas last year when I moved into this house with lots of shade. Everyone told me I couldn't grow hostas in California, so I did it anyway. They all have come up so far, except for one and he's really slow. I have 30 different ones and not enough space for all of them. Hopefully, I'll be able to share in the future. Most of mine are still young yet, but have a few eyes already.

Donna

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

I am not a hostaholic, but do love them. However, after getting my first catalog from Plant Delights (www.plantdelights.com) I am very impressed, and excited about the possibilities... the bug may bite me yet! I have about 20 or so hostas but only about 6-8 varieties, of which I have lost the tags for a few.

Olympia, WA(Zone 8b)

A good site for Hostas is Bridgewoodgardens.com

Careful though, know what you are getting into before you go there.

Brenda,
I have a large inventory of hostas that are availble for trade or sale if you are interested. I also ship out for postage several different ones to newbies. Donna from Ca. (posted above) recieved some of mine last year. If you have a list you can e-mail me and I'll mail my list to you.
John

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

I just recieved some of diggindutchman's hostas, they are beautiful!!!! nice size and VERY healthy!! Thank-you again. sue

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.