New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

You know what the name this??? This is for my mother.

Thumbnail by REDROSE
Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

unfortunately all I know is it's a Pelargonium. Maybe someone else might know the variety.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Ok Mark, I taught it might be this Geranium if it is not, I will have Dave remove this.

no keep it here. the forum is for the whole family which includes Pelargoniums and Erodiums.

Rose

Perhaps I should have explained more, as I said it is a Pelargonium which is in the Geranium family. A common name for it is Tender Geranium.

Sorry for the confusion!

This message was edited Monday, Jun 24th 4:24 AM

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Ok Thank you Baa and Mark will keep this photo here. My mom is so happy to know what it is. Thanks again~

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

It is a lovely specimen Redrose.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

Rose, not sure if you've read that these are called geraniums by most nurseries but it's misnamed. You'll find them in almost every nursery by the name geranium, but we're trying to change the world one person at a time and teach the correct name (Pelargonium)

Bolton, Greater Manc, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Sorry tig but phrases like brick wall and hitting head only come to mind here.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

LOL!!! your head will heal over time:) but you never know when you'll get a convert!!

tiG

It's my fault. Rose posted this originally in ID and I suggested that as it was a plant from the Geraniaceae family then perhaps someone here might know this particular Pelargonium cultivar name.

As I said earlier I apologise for any confusion I caused as I'd assumed that this forum dealt with the Geraniaceae family as opposed to the singular genus.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

it does Baa, as far as I know:)

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Oh Baa that is no problem no one perfect it is ok sometime make mistake not to worry about that so. "Dave" > please remove this photo thank you~

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

Rose, it really does go in this forum:) I wish I knew more about them, I am trying to grow two, but they don't seem to be doing so well.

it could be one of the ivy-leaved Balcony Pelargoniums/Geraniums. There are way too many available to be able to pin point it's actual name. I'll look up the net for you and get back soon.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

It should be call "Valentine"

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.