Air Potato Sun or Shade???

Ace, TX(Zone 8a)

I have an air potato that is badly in need of planting. It has already sprouted and I am not sure where to plant it or what it's requirements are. Please help!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Put it in full sun. It will do well. Mine has been in the ground for some time now and is over six foot tall. I have to start them early, in the greenhouse, or I never get potatoes on them. Even with the early start, I'll be lucky if I get a potato the size of a small egg. I love the foliage on this one.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

I had a few in a 'Starbuck's' paper bag on my water bed. I woke up on Sat, couple of wks ago, & they had started growing. I mean these things were 3 FOOT long on my bed! Needless to say, I took them out to the GH & planted next to fence. We have them growing here @ the Farm (where I work)& they, also, are in full sun.

Ace, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you that is what I was hoping for, I am limited on shade space but not on sun. By the way Smockette, they can take our Texas full sun (I'm close to Livingston) or should I try to shade it a little.

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Cajunace,
I am in southwest GA, and they do very well here in shade, or sun..
Larkie

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Cajunace, my make-do GH is SE of Magnolia & the Farm I work @ is inside the Beltway, west of 249 & north of West Little York. They should do fine in our sun as long as they get enough water.
Going to Texoma in October?

Ace, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks Smockette, I know your area. Have a gardening friend around Cyfair. Unfortunately Texoma is a little far for my old truck right now. Do you ever do the swap at Mercer.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.