America .

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

a variety of asiatic lilium. the color is almost blood red that is also flourescent. this is a new addition to my collection of asiatic lilies.

Toshiba PDR-M61

Thumbnail by MaVieRose
Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

wow! beautiful

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

it sure is pretty. Love that color.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

They're , all of them, superb MaVie.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Wowee so beautiful blood red my favorite color so shiny .

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Thanks EveryOne :)! when the sun shines on the petals it glistens. i bought the bulbs @ HD, 3 bulbs were $2.97 a package way back in April. i planted them in equal amount of peat moss and perlite with 1/4 cup of superphosphate on a 5 gal. pot. glad to be able to share the beauty of this America asiatic lilium.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I'll have to watch them next spring and see if they have them again.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

am sure they will be around. Grand paradiso asiatic lilium is more on the orange color than red. America is flourescent red in color. come to think of it, i almost didn't buy this one, thinking they will have the same shade in color. am glad i bought this one too.

when i repot during Spring time, i normally see a lot of bulbils along the side of the mother plant. basing from what i read before, they said bulbils will take about 2 years to bloom. WRONG! i got some bulbils that are setting to bloom now like the lollipop and menton that i separated last spring.

if u wish, i could share some bulbils with u tiG. but u got to be patient. remind me next spring :).

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Oh, MaVie, I would like to be on your list when you seperate the bublets. I don`t know about remembering but I hope you do.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

definitely Mary :).

Longview, TX

Ma Vie...outstanding! I love the lily.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Kelly ... didn't want to confuse u, there are too many lilies out there, this one belongs to the asiatic specie. thanks, all the hardwork paid off :)when plants we toil for produce lovely flowers such as this.

Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

wow ma vie, very beautiful. you do have the touch.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

just lucky i got the right angle Nancy :). thanks but it's the camera and the flower itself.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

mavierose,
i too am a lily lover. the color on this one is outstanding. i am forever amazed at gods creations. you are obviously one of god's garden angels.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Debi... since i live in an apartment, most of the bulbs are planted in pots. the older bulbs are always repoted each year... in equal amount of peat moss and perlite, plus 1/4 cup of superphosphate. these bulbs are planted in 5 gal. pots. once a week they get foliar feeding of Miraclegrow 15-30-15. with all the tlc they get, the pay off is all the lovely blooms i get in return. the asiatic and oriental lilium do show off their elegance during the months of June and July each year. the asiatics for their beauty, whereas fragrance and regality for the oriental lilies.

thanks for the compliments Debi :), love sharing the joy and beauty of my plants with everyone.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.