My first red passion bloom

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

This bloom opened today. It sure was a suprise because the first one marked red was blue. I couldn`t wait for it to stop raining to get this picture.

Thumbnail by busybee
High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

very lovely Mary :)! congratulations.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

My, That red 'really sticks out!'! Very Pretty!

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

very pretty.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Good for you! It's gorgeous!!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Love red and this is a beauty. Lucky you that you got it instead of blue. I think red is so showy. Love it and great picture you took too.

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Thanks very much. It is my Kodak DX3700 Digital camera that does a good job.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I'm dying for a red bloom!

CC, are you coming to the round up? I have one rooted red one, not very big yet. I don't think it's promised to anyone.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I have a red,just no blooms yet,but what kind is yours?I think mine begins with a 'V'

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

that is lovely. I too love red, can't get enough red in my flower beds...(hummers love red too)

(Zone 5a)

Oh I can't stand it!!!! I need some blooms in my garden!
They are lovely and did you knowt that you can dry them?

Wind, how do you dry them? I'd love to save the blooms.
CC, mine is vitifolia, I killed the coccinea.

Decatur, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi Busybee your flower is just beautiful,
and those rain drops just sit it off,
Mary_Mi

(Zone 5a)

I used the Silica jel but you have to be very careful when you take them out. The will dull in color a bit but you can still use them in different flower arrangements. I also pressed them in my old phone books and they did just fine but it's hard to tell what they are, but still beautiful for different crafting projects.

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

CC
Put your P. vitifolia out in full sun if you can, and hold back the food. Hopefully you will have blooms soon.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

ack, wish I'd know about the food. I've been feeding and just yesterday put out more Osmocoate. better go scrap it away.

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

That is a beauty, Mary. Do you know the name of it?

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Yes, It is the P. vitifolia from Tim. Thanks so much for the beautiful flower Tim.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.