Clematis viticella Blue Bell

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

It's so dark it's almost black. I love this one, unfortunately this morning it was wilted. The danged squirrels had broken it climbing up to the bird feeder.

Thumbnail by Calalily
Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

I added this name to my look for list. The color is unsual.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

did you know it was going to be that dark??I love it

No, the tag showed it to be lavender.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

wow!!! Love that

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

gorgeous, i love dark coloured plants :)

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Calla, that is gorgeous, what a deep deep dark color. It really is almost black isnt it? wow....and wow again!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I've sure never seen this one before. It really is dark and very pretty. Passifloras are like brugs. Once you have the first one, you want them all. I'm no exception. Beautiful Cala. However, I'm not asking for one. I've got enough to fill the house this fall. I need a bigger greenhouse in a warmer climate.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

well, since clematis are hardy here, if you get cuttings going, pluhlease!! put my name on or near one:)

TiG, I'm going to try the layering thing. I think it takes 6 weeks. A danged squirrel trying to get to the birdfeeder broke half the vine. I could have wrung his little neck if he weren't so cute.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Shoot, I was thinking passiflora when I wrote my post. I have clematis in every spot I can put them this year. Ran out of trellis material. Have to quit sometime.

(Zone 5a)

Cala it is so dark that it almost looks black, it is beautiful.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.