What a job that was!!!!

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Yesterday I spent several hours digging up a path of day lilies, poor little things, with all the spring rain they were keeping their feet too wet. I dug up every one of them, raised the path bed, added compost at the same time and re-planted all of them. There were about 30 varieties of them along that particular path, I dug up plenty of dirt around the roots of most of them, so hopefully they won't even know they were disturbed, except for the fact that their poor little feet will now be able to dry out.

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

well...after all that work...I dug up the entire path again, they are all in pots at the moment!!!

We have been pouring concrete in the corner by the greenhouse (going to be enlarging the greenhouse again) and DH kept running over my path of day lilies!!! I'm so disappointed...he really did a number on a couple of them, they will be in pots for a few weeks until the project is completed. At least I can give them some TLC.

Elizabethton (Stoney, TN(Zone 6b)

Argh !!!!

Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4a)

poor litle things.
I hope they recover for you
I too had to dig and relocat some of my lilies
they were in pots for about 5 days and have survived well

Wish you luck
merry

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the luck wishes merry. I have since made new beds for them and they are growing well. I even have a "miracle" daylily. LOL.

One of the ones that my husband ran over was completely mutilated! He had gotten the truck a little stuck and really spun the tires on it (a dump truck even!). There was no crown, the roots were in pieces. I picked up all the pieces, only 2 or 3 were about 3-4" the others all tiny pieces, put them in a pot and have been giving some tlc in the greenhouse. Well those roots have started to put of 2 fans in the last week or so!!! Definatley a miracle, and of course part of the reason for loving these forgiving plants!

Jody

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.