Brother Dave

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Does anyone here remember Brother Dave Gardner? My ex took both of my albums of him, as well as my Cyprienne Robespierre and Justin Wilson albums. Years ago, but I still laugh when I think about the content. Brother Dave appeared in my hometown once, and it was a very stormy night. I was fortunate to be able to attend, as I didn't get out much with four babies under school age. At one point a big clap of thunder briefly darkened the auditorium and drowned out his punch line. Into the darkness, he said loudly, with no microphone needed, "Well, looky here, even the lord didn't like that." Then the lights came back on, and he chuckled as only he could, took a drag from the ever present cigarette, and said quietly into the mike, "sorry, Lord, the devil made me do it." That was before the latter saying was popular, but my friends and I used it a lot anyway after that night.

This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!