BUBBLES!!!!!

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

My 6 year old twins were playing with bubbles this afternoon and they decided it might be fun to pour some into the pond!! (YIKES) I had only turned my back to plant some hosta that I bought on e-bay and sure enough the little buggers were pouring a bottle in!!! They only poured in a little but oh boy, what a disaster! Bubbles are climbing up the fountain, over the plants and up onto the rocks. I got my husbands fishing net and tried to scoop it out but it was like that movie The Blob, it just kept growing. After about an hour I took the garden hose and started spraying, some of the stuff came out but I have done it 2 more times in the past 4 hours. I am going outside now to see if THE BLOB is still in the pond!! If you have any suggestions let me know! (I have already trid to sell or give away the boys but I haven't had any takers yet! (Ha-Ha) sue

Crofton, MD(Zone 7a)

Sue! Your post made me smile, thinking about when the washing machine did the same thing to me. I actually got rid of most of the bubbles by sprinkling with salt. Then I had to clean up the salt. I don't know which was worse.

I did a little research on soap in a pond and found very little. One mention of soap reducing oxygen levels in fish tanks. I think the bubble soap of today is very kid safe so probably fish safe as well. If it where me I'd probably do a few partial water changes just in case.

T

its the long term effect, that harms the fish, the best thing to do is keep changing the water unil the bubbles stop, they may seem to go during the day when the sun is on it, look late evening and early morning, that will tell you if its getting better, tough one that is, takes a bit of time, but if you done do partial water changes you will not get rid of it, believe me i know.

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

Just wanted to let you know that the bubbles are gone. AJC you were right they did seem to be gone when the sun was shining and then late night and the next morning it was looking like the blob again. Two days after the big spill it was VERY windy here and water was blowing all over the place, this seemed to help along with my own version of partial water changes. The plants are still looking green and very clean, and thank goodness there were no fish in yet! Well I guess I survived another terrible twins test! (WHAT'S NEXT????) sue

Great news Sue.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.