My computer won't turn on

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I shut down my computer last night when a storm moved in, and today I cannot turn it on. I tried a different power cord from the office and everything. Nothing. I hit the on button and it does nothing. I know it's in the CPU somewhere. I disconnect the power and when I start it again, it sounds like it's running for a bit, but nothing ever happens. Any ideas? I hope it's not totally dead and that it's inexpensive to fix, and if anyone has any ideas that I could try myself, I would be forever greatful. It's only about a year and a half old.

For now, I went to our storage shed and dug out DD's computer that we have stored for the summer until she goes back to college. Having a little trouble getting used to XP, but I can adapt since it works at least. I have lost all my saved emails and info, so if I'm missing something that I promised to do and don't, please remind me. I can get my emails through my isp's home site with this computer. I'm trying to not put too much stuff on her computer so I don't have to clean tons of stuff off when and if I get mine fixed.

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!