Sunday, June 9, '02

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Good afternoon, all. We went to the reunion and Jack got to meet relatives/friends he hadn't seen for a long time since we almost never go to these get togethers. Shad got to meet people who are part of the family. One of them is a lady from Omaha, NE who is very knowligable about computers. She quoted him some prices on hard drives and RAM chips almost to good to be true. If she wasn't family we would be looking askance at the information. She also told him that Microsoft is no longer supporting Windows 95 and won't be supporting Windows 98 for much longer.Guess what we use? W'98. One of the local family members had a whole hog roasted and baked beans made at a place that does that kind of thing. We all donated money to help him with the expenses. Boy, there was food of all kinds everywhere. Kyle even came and stayed for a while. He seems to have problems with a nervous stomach or else an ulcer or GERD so he left. I brought him a plate of food. One of the other local family members seems to be quite well versed in organic gardening, plant/animal genetics, wild plants, etc. He found some wild flowers on the church grounds that I've never seen before and got me a start. I thought maybe he and Kyle would strike up conversation and get along, but it didn't happen.
I think I'll try to get those plants dug for the staff I'll be with tomorrow at Powell Gardens. Biggest problem is that I don't remember everything I'm suppose to take to them. I guess if I have extras I'll take them starts. They are bringing me starts of extras they have in their yards.
GOD bless and keep you all. .

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!