Rouge Cardinal - I think

Duncan, BC(Zone 8a)

Raymond J. Evison says this is a Group 3. I have had it for around 8 or 9 years and only last year did I prune a large stem close to the ground. Admittedly the dried leaves hang on all winter - birds love to hide in it. I do prune out the obvious dead parts in early spring. It hasn't suffered from my treatment.

Thumbnail by poppytree
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Very pretty. I'm going to have to give up some brug space and put in more clematis. This is a must have.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

WOW so beautiful, I love those also love RED

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Poppysue, that is gorgeous, I have a soft spot for red flowers, and this one is a drop dead red. the petals look like velvet.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Oh my, I must find that one too. I'm completely out of room for vines!! Guess DH will have to go for more canes.

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

brugie, give up brug space?? oh my, lol
but i agree, this is a must have
jen

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Pebble, You are 100% right on the drop dead red. This is gorgeous and also added to my list. Thank goodness I do have plenty of space, but I only have two hands and no help.

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

I know that feeling busybee.....sometimes it's better that way, did you see what my DH did to my poppies in the way of helping me out weeding? sprayed them with roundd - up...:( uh huh...duh - cant they tell the difference between a weed and full blown poppy ready to bloom? apparently NOT!

I love this red clematis. I will just have to find a spot for one...

(Zone 5a)

It looks like red velvet, so pretty.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.