Carolina Butterfly Pea Vine

Rose Hill, NC(Zone 8a)

Centrosema virginianum very rare now
i have a few seeds left to trade
and a few plants

looking for Apios and other Centrosema
and Ipomoea

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

hi Larry, I've heard these are almost impossible to start from seed, have you had any luck with them? hints?

Rose Hill, NC(Zone 8a)

yes they are hard to get to germinate
but the do about 15 to 25 %
L

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

that's not too bad! thanks

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

With such a low %ge, wish me luck with mine!! That means, out of 10, only 2-3 may germinate?

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

Dinu, I'll try to save more this year and send you all I get.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

The giant Panda is an endangered species because of its difficulty to reproduce. It seems that the female Panda gets into "heat" just on one day during the year and for the male Panda to know it has made things all the more worse. The Scientists have studied the body chemistry of the female Panda and they have come to this conclusion.

Glad there is someone who is growing the B.Pea with lots of seeds to spare and share. If mine doesn't succeed, I'll let you know. Thanks.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

I had planted two seeds after soaking. There is one little fellow shooting up with two tiny triangular dark green leaves with a reddish brown stem which is as thin as a pin. Is this the one? It is 1 1/2 inches high.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

sounding like it. good luck and keep us up to date!

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

sigh of relief!!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I'll see if I've got any babies out there and take a picture.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

That'd be fine to compare.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

I think the one growing with me is THE ONE! Two more little leaves have appeared and it has every characterestic of a climber.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I forgot to make you a picture, will go do that now.

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

tiG is this the plant you gave me last year? It is really beautiful bloom. Mine has been blooming off and on for the last three weeks. I overwintered mine in the house in a large pot and it it really grown now.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

yep, it's perennial here Jim

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

tiG, I look forward to the pic.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I posted it below, baby pea vine.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.