Ain't Nora pretty?

Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

Nora Leigh, Phlox. Can't wait for the blooms :)

Thumbnail by hczone6
Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

That's truly a beauty, whether it blooms or not! Be sure to post a pic when it does!

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

Yes, she is pretty and I have wanted her for years. One of these years I am going to brake down and order her.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

I'm always cautious about variegated plants when the original variety is marginal for my zone. It seems like they are the first ones to winter kill. I've been wanting a variegated Jacob's ladder, but they always seem to be out of stock when I look for them.

Sykesville, MD(Zone 7b)

Gorgeous... what color will it bloom?

Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

White, with a little pink. Here's a picture from last year: http://home.insightbb.com/~kygarden/butteryfly-phlox.jpg

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

What a wonderful photo, hczone6.. butterfly and all! Often variegated plants don't have very interesting blooms, but this one is lovely.

Sykesville, MD(Zone 7b)

Wow.....that's pretty!! Attention stealer

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

I saw another variegated phlox at a nursury last week. It had green & yellow foliage. I forgot what the darn name was. I was tempted to get it but it was so expensive... just a small pot for $13. That's pretty steep IMHO. My perennial guy had 'Nora Leigh' for $4 & I'm sure I'll be happy with her.

Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

I wonder if you can root a stem that is still growing and a few weeks away from bloom...and have it grow a plant that is the same color as the cutting for the whole plant? The reason I ask is because I have a few shoots that are completely cream colored and no green at all. It's a really pretty creamy white color on the Nora Leigh Phlox. That would be cool to have one that is all cream colored.

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

has it bloomed yet?

Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

Almost...but not yet. Maybe another week or two.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.