Spring

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

My dayliles are all coming up nicley! Some are already 6" high! Ssoooo glad spring has decided to come, thought it would never get here. I have a lot of day lilies that were just planted last fall and the excitement of seeing them bloom this year is killing me! I have more that will be here this month and the new beds for them are ready and waiting, finished them up yesterday.

Anybody else with growing daylilies and growing excitment?!

Powhatan, VA(Zone 6b)

Hi I just got an email from Wimberlyway gardens. This was the late Bill Munson's home, I believe his sister, Betty Hudson now resides there. She too hybridizes daylilies. I am getting some of Bill's unregistered seedlings that he was currently working on at the time of his death. I am so excited. They will be here this week.

puttyrat

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Oh yes, how exciting. You'll have to let us know how they do and post pics once they bloom.

Powhatan, VA(Zone 6b)

Will do. I just received some registered daylilies from an outfit out of FL. Really good prices and great plants. They even sent extras. I also finally won El Desperado off ebay for a decent price. I had been trying for that one since last year. I received that plant today as well and she sent 3 plants as stated. I figured they would be single fans , but they were all double fans one was a triple fan. How's that for a deal. She got it up again, so far the price is in reason.

puttyrat

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

I have about 30 new ones this year. Come on summer...I want to see the pretty colors. Some of mine are rescues, I have no idea what they are but I know they are tough plants surviving where they did.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Wow your daylilies sound so exciting. I will be planting my first ones this year. I picked them up at a local store. One is orange and has no name, then there is Autumn Red and Stella D'Oro. I went online to check about them and I found a sight and I couldn't believe all the beautiful daylilies that there are. I have woods right b4hind my house and I hope to have them all across the backyard one day.
thanks for sharing and good luck with your seeds. debi

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Welcome to the world of daylilies debi!!! I'm sure you will enjoy them very much.

Powhatan, VA(Zone 6b)

My Daylilies arrived today a day late too. The Post Office is not going as good of a job these days. They look ok, The plants are big and fat, I needed to hydrate them as they were shipped Tuesday and just got here. I het pictures posted when they bloom. It looks like I got some great Munson crosses. I got a catalog just the other day from another hybridizer "Apps". Now I have a whole new wish list. So many daylilies so little time & money .

puttyrat

Boonville, MO(Zone 5a)

I just moved to a new home and have all kinds of things growing all over the yard both front and back. I have a huge patch of daylilies in the back that are growing all the way out to the street back there. They are spilling over the curb even. I need to go out and retrieve them. I can't wait to see what color they are. I also have clematis, lily of the valley, lots of roses and oh yes... tons of peonies!! I'm so excited. All this and much more all over the place. Now if only I can get it back into some order. It has obviously been neglected for years.

Kylertown, PA(Zone 5b)

I have been getting daylily shipments all week, and it's so exciting to finally be able to plant them and look forward to bloom time!

I got: America's Most Wanted, Orchid Candy, Natchez Moon, Edge Ahead, Peaches and Gold, Winyah Showoff, God's Handiwork, and Tears of Love.

I think I better quit ordering though.I am RAPIDLY running out of room to plant things! :-D

Powhatan, VA(Zone 6b)

LOL, IndaShade, I know what you mean. I keep getting catalogs and my wish list grows. I am out of space and money. I need to make room for the Munson seedlings I received two weeks ago. I potted them up and they already have scapes. They came from Florida so the plants are ahead of my daylilies. Have fun planting it is a gorgeous day here.

Puttyrat

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.