Kitten in my woods

Rutherfordton, NC(Zone 7a)

Two nights ago as I sat on my porch I heard a cat meowing but took little notice. Last night, after a Memorial Day cookout, the four of us remaining heard it again, this time more insistently. My nephew and I went into the woods and eventually I saw it under a log. It is a little kitten, obviously lost. It ran, of course. I went back once but it eluded me. Then it got too dark to see it. All night I have heard this kitten which finally made it to my house. I have put a bowl of milk out at the edge of the woods but don't know how else to get it to come closer. I think I have called out to it every two hours all night. Any suggestions on how I can get it close enough to me to pick up? I hesitate to put too much food or water out there because of other wild animals. (Yesterday morning a gray fox was standing in a clearing near the house.)

This thread has 17 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!