catnip

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I had a catnip plant growing under growlights and it was doing very well. But...my tomato plants got so huge that it got lost and forgotten in the jungle. Today I planted all the tomato plants out and found this poor little bugger behind them. The soil is moist, but it appears dead. Will it come back from the roots like mint or should I throw it in the garbage?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Was it a seedling or a division? Generally they do come back from the roots and if you leave a piece in the ground when you move it, it will come back for years. LOL I will be loading your box in a bit and will go ahead and stick one in for you. :)

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Thank you Michele. I'll keep this one too and see if it comes back. The cats thank you for sending another one too.

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

At the end of the season last year I let lots of weeds take over my garden. Anyway my best friend told me it would be easiet just to burn it off this Spring. When I burned it, it burned rather more quickly than I thought it would and burned over my catnip. The catnip seemed to love it and came back better than ever. So I think it must be a tough little plant.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.