I love heucheras

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I love these, can't get enough of them. I don't care if the blooms are pretty, though they do add an airy touch to the gardens. I love the ones with burgundy, purple, amber or silver leaves.

Thumbnail by Calalily
Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Me too Cala! I only have a few different types and am always wanting more :~) They are beautiful and not just a short time of the year while blooming.

Lana

I planted some seed this spring. I got some nice dark leaved ones.

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

I have Palace Purple and Plum Pudding. They just went in my garden late last year.

Lana

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

I have several of these too out in my hosta beds. I just love the different color with the hostas. Think when I get filled up with hostas (when will that be with 6 and a half acres?) then I will start collecting these. Lani

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

I love all the colors...........and the texture is grand!!

"eyes"

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

I got one with ruffles and silver patches in red leaves. Really pretty. Of course all of them are pretty that I have seen :>) Lani

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

I love em too! I got a new one for ya ;) Someday I'll actually get your box to the PO, LOL.

Ithaca, NY(Zone 5a)

I have intense deer pressure. So I like the quote I heard awhile back about "deer-proof hostas." They're called heucheras. There are so many great leaf patterns that they hold my interest as well or better than hostas.

But they aren't "Bunny Proof".

Ithaca, NY(Zone 5a)

I've got bunnies, but they haven't yet touched my Heucheras. (Knock wood.)

Has anyone ever tried propagating heucheras by leaf petiole cuttings?

Hmmmm, sounds like another "experiment" for me to try. I love to propigate by cuttings.

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

ouuuuuuu, very pretty Cala. i have a flower that has bloomed the last few years. can't remember where it came from or how it got here, but it has yellow/ drk. orange flowers about the size of nickles. four petals to the flowers and elongated 2 1/2 " green leaves. wish i could send a picture. anyone have any guesses as to what it is?
patricia

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.