Volunteer four o'clocks

Elizabethton (Stoney, TN(Zone 6b)

I live in the Volunteer State, and it sure is nice to have some volunteer plants here and there. This is pretty much a whole row of fuschia-colored four o'clocks - seeded from last year apparently.

Thumbnail by GrannyLois
Paxton, FL(Zone 8a)

And next year you will have more.

Cochrane, ON(Zone 2b)

But they are so darn pretty aren't they.

Paxton, FL(Zone 8a)

Oh yes, I like them. And no maintenance unless you get too many and have to pull some up. Mine just do their thing and I love it.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

The red ones, that I got the seed from Dave, are now blooming, and they are georgeous!! I now have all the colors of 4 o'clocks, that is until mother nature creats a new one!!

"eyes"

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

I love them also, but now each year I have to use weed killer to get rid of some, they re-seed soooo bad and everywhere..I chop, dig, spray, pull tubers and still they are all over..
Larkie

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Yep...........some big ole tubers!!

"eyes"

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Our climate's a bit borderline for them, so Jack Frost usually sorts them out so they're not a nuisance. My mum's got a lot reseeded in her garden this year.

Wonderful evening scent - the moths luvemm!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I now hate them and can not get rid of them. I had no idea that they grew a huge tuber underground and if you leave any of it in it will regrow. They are truly a pest. And to think I grabbed some seeds off a side walk 20 years ago and tossed them in my garden. 20 years later and I still can not get rid of them!!! They also grow so fast. Did I mention that I HATE them?? They even grow in the cracks of my sidewalk. Preen seems to have helped some buth they are still growing all over my garden.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

will this happen in zone 5?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.