Zinnias? need fullsun?

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

I got some stare fair zinnias. Would love to put them out front in the morning sun> Or isnt; that enough for them

Elizabethton (Stoney, TN(Zone 6b)

You could plant some there and see how they do. I usually plant mine in the sun and they thrive. But you never know.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

As long as they get 4 hours of sun a day, mings, you will have your zinnias, more sun is better but does have to have at least the 4, and morning sun is the best!

"eyes"

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

"eyes!" thankyou very much. you made my weekend!

Wigan, Landcashire, United Kingdom

I always grow my Zinnias in full sun, they just love it, but we are talking about British sun and not your very very hot sun. This year growing the new Zinnias called profusion, which will not go off in rain.

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

I did Cherry profusion about 4 years ago. LOVED THEM!! I wanted some for this year. I couldn;t find them. they must go fast! and I pride myself on being fast too! I must be slowing down! I hope these work in the morning sun!

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

eyes. thanks for your comment. I went and got my State Fairs. And you know. I get more sun there than I though! My ferns are up hanging from the porch and they dont get as much. but. for some reason. the earth below it and out a few feet where the zinnias are does! Think they will do better than I ever thought. I needed to add color to the front of the house. and I think these will do it.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

:o) ..................sure will!!! Enjoy!!

"eyes"

Cochrane, ON(Zone 2b)

Cherry profusion zinnias are very nice. I am growing them again this year. They make such nice big mounds. Very vibrant colour too.

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

they really do! I will have to go in search of again.

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

WHO ATE MY ZINNIAS???? They look like lace. Been in the ground since Sunday. :( BOOHOO

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Replant some more seeds, Mings!!! If you don't have anymore, I'll be happy to send you some!! I do a succession planting of them every summer to give continual color, and to replace any that have started looking weak!!

"eyes"

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

WOW! You must be psycho. Just got some seeds from a girlfriend! WOW!

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Psycho.................as in the Bates Motel????????? Not me!!!! Clarivoyant............maybe....but's it's probably just a result of being around so long..........

"eyes"

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

lol! Well the seeds are in!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.