Twisted willow

Rutherfordton, NC(Zone 7a)

The gardener who gave me this twisted willow said it would grow fast and grow in dappled shade. Well, it ain't growing fast at all. I don't want to lose it and will transplant it to a sunnier spot if necessary (although I like it where it is). Is there something else I can do to encourage growth?

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Water,lots of water!Willows love water!

Columbia, MD(Zone 7a)

I second that emotion.....I have a corkscrew willow in the front yard....didn't seem to be doing much until we got a few thousand bucks of rain dumped on us....growing like wildfire now.....

Rich

Niles, MI(Zone 5a)

Vickie.
Twisted, Corkscrew, and curly are all the same plant. Treat just like any willow, lots of water and room to grow. Mine is 16 years old and about 30 feet tall and around. It is in full sun and gets water from the lawn sprinklers.
Move it and give it a lot of water and you'll have a great tree. Also humming birds love to nest in it
Annabelle15

This message was edited Thursday, May 16th 8:45 PM

Niles, MI(Zone 5a)

Vickie.
If you want some moore I have a lot of fresh starts
Annabelle15

This message was edited Thursday, May 16th 8:47 PM

Saint Helen, MI(Zone 5a)

I have been growing a few up to sell in my garden and I always mulch them heavily. They grow really fast. And like everyone else said lots of water. If you have a septic tank keep it at least 30ft away from the drain field.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.