WOW, RECEIVED MY SECRET SPRING TRADE!!!!

Kingston, GA(Zone 7b)

Hey Azalea---glad you liked all the plants. I was hoping you didn't have any of them and they would make new additions to your gardens. The Gopher Purge is a plant to help keep moles and gophers away and makes a nice unusual foliage plant. This is my first year to try them too. I hope you will enjoy all the plants!

Thank you TiG for putting this swap on---it has been alot of fun. Several Thumbs Up for TiG!!!! Really enjoyed reading all the post on what everyone received too. I have been just drooling over all the plants that have been mentioned. Heeheehee Enjoyed it TiG!! :)

Beloit, WI(Zone 5a)

Hi Legit, I'm so glad you got your plants, I was worried that they would never come, as I sent them last Monday or Tuesday, if any of them look too bad just let me know and I'll send ya some more, I'm sorry I didn't have alot on your wish list, but you did say you like white, so I tried to find what I had in white, also varigated. Have lots of fun Planting!!! Rene~(Rbotanica)

Cleveland, OH(Zone 5b)

Thanx for the invite. I'm not too afraid yet. Especially if I have DH drive!
Well, you think your brain is sucked out now!!!! Wait till the five kids grow up and are all teenagers at the same time!!!! OOOOOweeeeee!!!!

Jacksonville, IL(Zone 5a)

My secret trade came from Studley on Monday. Thanks so very much for the:
yellow iris
coreopsis
mint
variegated sedum-cool looking plant!
Irish moss-gonna use this between my patio pavers
saguaro cactus
All of this is new to me since I am fairly new to gardening. I put them in some water yesterday for a while and then wrapped them in paper towels. They look real perky this morning. Now to get them planted! Thanks so much.

Jacksonville, IL(Zone 5a)

I wanted to also add if you haven't received your secret trade don't dispair. What with all this rain the last two weeks, the end of the year school craziness and my daughter's surgery, things have gotten ahead of me and I haven't mailed my plants off yet. But don't fear-I have them collected and will hopefully box them up this evening and get them in the mail tomorrow.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

I received my secret trade yesterday from TiG. What a wonderful assortment of plants. I immediately ran out
and planted them so let me see if I can remember everything that was in the box. There was a confederate rose Hibiscus, Loquat Trees, Ajuga, lavender Diantus,
varigated Hoya cutting, Edulis Passiflora and a darling hand painted flower pot and Blackie Sweet Potatoe vine and coleus. These secret trades are just so much fun.

Patricia

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

tiG was right, I waited and good things did come my way!!!
I am soooooooo happy!!!!! My secret trade came in! It is Kayakerx! What a wonderful package, Thank you sooo much Keith, you done a super job at figuring out all my wants!! I didn't get anything that I already have!! Here's what he sent: Lord baltimore hibiscus, white/pink hibiscus,Dahlia bulbs, a fig tree, lemon mint, lilac bush, pineapple sage, chocolate mint, lemon thyme!!!!! can you believe I got soo much?!! I have always wanted to make me a herb bed, and now is my chance!!! I love hibiscus too, I started collecting them last year and are now one of my favorites!!
Thanks sooo much Keith, you are too sweet!!
PS, I hope your mom gets to feeling better soon!!
The wait was WELL worth it!!!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

see??? didn't I tell you??? great package as they all have been!

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

I do agree! I am ready for another one, just name the time LOL

dobie, ON(Zone 3a)

HELLO ALL,
JUST TO LET YOU KNOW, I WAS LATE SENDING MY PACKAGE OFF TO MY SECRET TRADER. IT WENT OUT YESTERDAY MORNING. WE HAVE HAD SUCH A COLD SPRING THAT EVERYTHING IS LATE STARTING. THERE WAS STILL FROST IN THE GROUND WHEN I WAS TRYING TO DIG UP SOME OF THE PLANTS!
SO NEEDLESS TO SAY SOME OF THEM ARE ON THE SMALL SIDE BUT ARE HEALTHY IF STILL A LITTLE COLD.
STILL WAITING FOR MINE BUT THAT IS ONLY FAIR AS I WAS LATE SENDING MINE OUT.
TAKE CARE AND TALK TO YOU GUYS SOON.

dobie, ON(Zone 3a)

WHO SAID THAT CHRISTMAS IS IN DECEMBER? FELT LIKE CHRISTMAS TODAY WHEN I WENT TO THE MAIL AND GOT MY SECRET TRADE.
ONE VERY BIG THANK YOU GOES OUT TO NOTMARTHA. YOU REALLY OUTDID YOUR SELF. I ONLY HAD ONE OF THE LARGE VARIETY THAT YOU SENT.
HERE IS A LIST (HOPE I DON'T MAKE EVERYONE ELSE GREEN WITH ENVY.
TOAD FLAX, LYNCHNIS - CORONARIA, CHINESE LANTERN, FOXGLOVE, SEDUM ?, LAMIUM - SPOTTED DEAD NETTLE, GROUND SEDUM, ANTHEMIS - YELLOW, CLARA CURTIS GERANIUM, MYRTLE SPURGE AND BLAZING STAR LIATRIS.
NOW I WILL GO AND SEE IF I CAN GET BLACK THUMBS PLANTING ALL OF THESE BEAUTIES.
THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN NOTMARTHA. I SINCERELY HOPE EVERYONE IS A PLEASED AS I AM.

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

Hi tiG, Sorry it took so long to say your welcome!! I have been out of town again. Hope you liked everything. I couldn't think what to send you cause I didn't have anything on your list, but I remembered you were looking for the chocolate vine when I last saw you. I tried to get some with roots, let me know if they don't work and I will lay some more down on the grownd. Dee

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

they are looking great! everything is, I love ya girl. thanks so much and I hope to load you up when you come in June!

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

SingleYellowRose, thanks so much for the great box! It had all kinds of wonderful plants in it including...Lily of the valley, sedum, lambs ears, liatris, pachysandra, vica minor and some others! I received it on the 22nd and everything looked like it was dug fresh that morning :~) Sorry I didn't get this posted sooner SYR, things have been a bit hectic here. I only had one of the ones listed above so these are great additions to my beds. Thanks again.

Lana

Kittanning, PA

You 're Welcome Lana. I just returned home from vacation and was checking the forums, and noticed you hadn't posted yet. I was hoping it didn't get lost. Glad I could add to your gardens.
SYR

Morris, IL(Zone 5b)

I got my secret trade! It was from roshana. I recieved three lovely ferns, two hostas(neither of which I have), two different types of cosmos, poppies, sweet pea vine, parsley, and a licorice plant! All arrived in great condition on Saturday and are now merrily planted in the ground. Many thanks to my secret trader! I love them all!

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!! YEA AND WOW AND HOLY COW!!!!!!!! I recieved my secret trade today from PONDITIS (lani) She has REALLY hooked me up!!!!!!!
POND PLANTS GALORE:
Arrowhead Arum
Varigated Acorus
Varited Sweet Flag
Perry's Super White water Lily
Radient Red Water Lily
1 more water lily/ I forgot to right down!!!!
Water Iris (yellow)
Japanese Sedge Varigated
Cat Tails
Floating Heart's ( I have been wanting to get these)

ALSO:
9 different semper vivum/hens and chick's (I LOVE THEM)
Red Lilac (another favorite)

and last but not least something called a HOSTA!!!! hehe

Can you guy's believe all that great stuff????? I really really LOVE everyone!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much Lani you are the very very best!!!!!!!!!

sue

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

Good things come to those who wait and wait and wait! Glad you liked the stuff. I was pressed to remember what I sent for the secret Hosta trade since I drew you for both trades! LOL, what a co-in-ki-dink! Anyway I am sure glad you liked my picks. Lani

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

LOL Lani, my DH says co-in-ki-dink all the time!

Lana

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

trailingon im so glad it made it and you liked the box!!!

Beloit, WI(Zone 5a)

I recieved my Spring Secret Trade, better late than never.LOL,its from Trailingon/Marilyn, I got a Bleeding Heart, a pink one, Varigated Phlox, a Pink Crabapple seedling tree, a Varigated Weigeala, Campanula blue chips, Columbine, maybe a wild one, and an Autumn Sedum Joy, I did get this last week, sorry it took me so long to post, thank you so much, I love these trades!!!!!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.