May 11, 2002

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

After all the excitement of getting my new corral I took the tractor and horse trailer up there to be ready to load calves this morning. We got blasted with another thunderstorm last night so we decided to take the calves another day. When I went to get the truck I tried to turn it around and got stuck tight. Brother to the rescue with his one ton jeep. We had a good laugh about one of the facts of farming was getting stuck. Might as well have fun at getting out. His two young sons were fascinated with the whole process. and He even let the oldest drive the truck through the open gate. I really do think farm kids have an advantage when it comes to learning about machinery and the like. He wanted to see my calves before he left. That was neat. Although We live so close we don't have much time for visiting. His cattle aren't nearly as tame as mine. He was scared the cows would hurt the kids. They were a little more skiddish around strangers but quickly settled down when they saw me. Amazing how a herd gets used to the handler, but is warey of other people. OK, well don't know much else. I hear thunder again.

This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!