Golden Chain Tree Laburnum???

Paducah, KY(Zone 6a)

http://veychek.safeshopper.com/images/b60yacrg.jpg
I found one of these at a local nursery for 45.00 it is
12 ft tall and the trunk is about 4 inches in diameter is
this a good buy or no?
Christi

Raphine, VA(Zone 6b)

Since they are not native here I would say that was a good but for that big of tree.
just make sure it's not completely root bound in the pot and they give you a year's guarentee as most places do.

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

hi Siberian Iris, glad i found your golden chain tree pic! my father had his own landscaping business for years. as i grew up there were flowers, shrubs, bulbs, trees, and everything known to man planted at and around our house. one of my favorites is the golden chain tree. i almost purchased one 2 yrs. ago at a local nursery, it's price tag then was $75.00! when i lived in the detroit area it seemed everything would grow, but now maybe a little too far north for this wonderful tree. so yes you did get a wonderful price for this beauty :) now i want to go back to the nursery to see if they still carry this tree? lol

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

I paid $7.50 for a small tree last year here. It has doubled in size and is now about 5 feet tall. Can hardly wait till it blooms which by the nursery owners estimate should happen next year. I also bought a golden rain tree at the same time so it will be fun watching these two grow up. Good luck and RavenBuck had some good ideas.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Out of about 18 seeds, I got one to grow! It is only about 6 inches tall now, but what the heck. It is one of my seed babies. :)

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

That is so beautiful tree, I would love to have few seeds, if anyone have some would pay postage. I never see this how beautiful is. Can it grow here?

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

I would ditto that on the seeds.

Lacey, WA

Can anyone tell me why my Golden Chain did not produce flowers last year? The first year I planted it,they were beautiful,but not one flower last year. Thans for any help!

Patty

Lochbuie, CO(Zone 5b)

For $45, I personally would jump on it. Trees are way expensive here and anything with a 4 inch caliper would be $150 minimum no matter what it was. -C

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

Make sure you plant it yourself. My husband was being all macho and picked mine up by the stem- ripped the root ball right off.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.