Old Ivory

Oklahoma City, OK(Zone 7a)

Someone sent this to me last year as an extra in a trade. I absolutely love it.

Thumbnail by smiln32
Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

It is pretty Carla, but I was expecting a Cream Color like the Ice Carnival I got in the Day Lily CooP.

"eyes"

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It's a beautiful daylily but I think it is mislabeled as "Old Ivory". I couldn't find a picture of Old Ivory on a google search. Did find a Double Old Ivory which was a cream color.

Gee, then whoever sent it to me had it mislabeled. Sorry for any confusion. Bummer, too, as this person sent me four daylilies. Wonder if the others are mislabeled, too. :(

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

smiln - what are the other 3?? Maybe a couple of tags got switched. Old Ivory IS an oldie... it's on the historic daylily register.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

OOOO that's so beautiful, would love to get this and hope to find down here soon.

Montrose, PA(Zone 5a)

That's really beautiful not with standing that you don't know it's name.

Raspberry Ruffles is one. One of the tags disappeared over the winter (must have been that once-in-a-decade snowfall). I'll have to see if I can find the other one. As they bloom, I'll also post their pictures. Maybe that will help.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

that is stunning. i love the lavender and the inside just glows and becons you.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I love that color. I too was expecting a cream colored daylily.

Kittanning, PA

Do you get extended blooms on it? If so, then the tags may have gotten switched by mistake... Here's the specs for
RASPBERRY RUFFLES-- SCHULZ 1995 24M 6.5 SEV DIP
deep raspberry white ez gr thr ext

I have no idea what those specs mean. I'm sorry. I'm so new to daylilies. Is there a site I can go to in order to see pictures? (like the hosta library for hostas)

Thanks,
Carla

"down the Shore", NJ(Zone 7a)

I might be able to translate:

Schulz is the hybridizer
1995 Year the daylily was Introduced
24 inches tall
M= midseason
6.5= size of bloom in inches (huge!)
SEV= semievergreen (so, between dormant and evergreen, fine for the north)
DIP= diploid, as opposed to Tetraploid (more graceful, perhaps, less substantial leaves and petals... controversy over which is superior)

Hope that helps!

John

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.