Taraxacum officinale - Voikukka

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

Voikukka - Butterflower

This must be a rare plant in your part of world, anyone want seeds?

hehehe, don't I just have great jokes this morning? :D

Thumbnail by Evert
Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Makes good wine though Evert. On second thoughts, i'm lying, makes disgusting wine as i remember it LOL!

I have thought many years making a wine of the flowers.. but haven't gotten time to pick all the flowers ;)

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

you can use the young leaves in a salad too, Evert, just make sure you know where they've come from, ie. not on a dog walking route! lol

Yes I know.. :) Nature is still pretty clean here and we have a few in our yard so not a problem to get them ;)

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

why do you say "you have no time to pick the flowers"?

Mark

Do you know how much dandelion flowers you need for a few bottles? .... pheww

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

c'mon now. you have soo much free time right now. just wait until you are in the real world.

make hay while the sun shines. do it while you can

Mark

cool dandelion pic. makes good wine if you do it right. flower not naitve to the united states but some homesick fool brought some along for salads and cooked greens. the stuff kind of took over here. a few weeks ago when it was in bloom i could of got pics of fields that were yellow :-)

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

We too have them in our gardens. I guess, I have just given up on trying to get rid of them, I leave them alone in flower beds, but Ido have to get rid of the ones in the lawn....the trick is to deadhead before it sets seed.....

We don't have so many in our yard and I have been pulling them up... now some coalt's foot have started to grow. But maybe I'll leave them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.