Found a jackmanii clematis! :)

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

hczone6 !!! have been searching high and low for one at a garden center. Ofcourse my favorite greenhouse had one! he says these are 2 year olds! So. hopefully it will take hold and grow up big and strong! I hope mine gets as big as yours!!!! how old is it?

This message was edited Wednesday, May 1st 10:19 PM

Thumbnail by mingsmimi
(Zone 8a)

Mings...I bought one last year with several others and lost all the tags! LOL (there is a little tag snatcher at my house...probably 2 ft tall and loves tags!)

Are the flowers purple? I had one to bloom 1 flower this year and was purple!

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

Go to the PHOTOS/...April 23...clematis for mingsmimi...by hczone6 ...see how big it gets! love it! And it gets purple flowers. I am so excited to of found one

Florence, AL(Zone 7a)

Haha, 'Becca! At least I know the names of my clematis! (Stirrin' again!) Do you know how to take/root cuttings? I have several I can share, if so! (And about three dozen I WANT.)

(Zone 8a)

Jude...I have some I bought 3 years ago and they are just starting to grow and bloomed good this year until the slugs got 'em!

Thanks for the offer but I am going to wait and see if I kill these first! LOL

Nope...don't know how to do cutting yet!

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Msbatt, Try here ~> http://dialspace.dial.pipex.com/clematis/clemindx.htm

Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

Mine is about 4 or 5 years old. I think it's been in the ground here about 3 years though. It started out in a 1 gallon pot.

Here's the picture from last year (one plant)...and yes, martyboy1 is my old username: http://plantsdatabase.com/showpicture/2597/

This message was edited Monday, May 6th 4:54 AM

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

hc zone6, is this clematis cut back each spring? what direction is it facing? south, east ???
it is gorgeous. i just bought a few small plants this year. i hope mine grow up to be just half as beautiful as yours.

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

hczone6> ya know. I HAD seen this picture before. A while ago. And I COULD NOT refind it was looking in the wrong spot. This is lovely! I could only dream of one getting that big.

Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

I don't cut it back...or haven't since I planted it about 3 years ago anyway. I may cut it back some this fall since it's getting a little too messy.

Mine is planted on the corner of my house. Part of it grows up the north side of the house and the other part grows on the western wall of the house. So I guess it's a north/west exposure. It mostly grows on the north wall simply because there's more room to grow there.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

Jon, I'm a big ole dummy. I missed the posting in the welcome forum where you came back. and will all your pictures and postings I kept telling myself it was you. Then when you posted the maples last week, I did some checking. Glad to see you and have you back!!!!!!!

Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

(Zone 6a)

This message was edited Thursday, May 9th 8:13 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.