OUCH!!! Porcupine!!!!!

Spicewood, TX(Zone 8b)

My poor babies tangled with a porcupine last night! The three big lab mixes, not the collie pup. I know it'll be funny later when the crisis is over, but right now while the blood's still fresh, it's not really. We were able to get all the quills out of the boys, but Mika is on her way to the vet as I type. She's usually the one to charge in first, so she got it the worst ~ two reeeeally deep ones broke off when we tried to pull them out. Because of that as well as she had so many more than the boys and we found a few inside her mouth, we decided she needed to go see Dr. Dan. Kenny will pick up antibiotics for the boys while he's there. Porcupine quills are nasty things fresh-off-the-beast, I imagine.

I swear that girl takes after her mama! She's so hard on herself ~ she's the first one to get hurt and has come back with more scratches and cuts than both boys combined.

I'm already starting to feel better. I know she'll be JUST fine. Thanks, y'all, for listening! *grin*

This thread has 24 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!