What a night!!!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

A town near us has spring clean up and it began today. DGS, a close friend and I all went this evening. DGS got a fabulous 27" fan for his room which has high & low speeds, forward & reverse, and just fits his bedroom window. It isn't too loud but it sure is powerful.
My friend was given a room size AC unit that supposedly has had little use and a nice kitchen stove a friend of hers needs.
I got some flower pots and 2 complete sets of soccer goals which will be used as part of the shade our poor hostas in one bed need. We had to remove the redbud tree that had provided their shade and some of them are already sun scourced. There must be over a hundred plastic pipes about 2' long as well as all the unions, Ts, junctions, etc to put them together with. I'll use as much as possible of the goal netting to provide shade and then have to secure some elsewhere. I also have a sheet of that netting people put over their gutters that is about 3' square which may get used if it works out right.
There was a box of what I thought was just clothbody dolls, but it turned out to have some nice clean stuffed toys, a purple clown wig(I'm going to have fun with that)and a nice big almost new 3" 3 ring notebook like we buy all the time for DGS's printed out school material.
We got a microwave cabinet that needs a bit of repair but nothing undoable. There was also a nice small set of 4 metal shelves. All in all we feel very blessed.

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!