New shade garden-Part A.

Elizabethton (Stoney, TN(Zone 6b)

This is part of a brand-new shade garden. It's between two large willow trees, and I think it's going to be really nice in a few months. I'll post more pictures later on, but here are 2 to start with.

This message was edited Sunday, Apr 28th 9:24 PM

Thumbnail by GrannyLois
Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Oh GrannyLois! It's going to be beautiful. I love the colocasias. (Did I spell that right? LOL) They are gorgeous even if I didn't spell it right. Please do post more pictures later on. I'd love to see it with everything growing so nice.

PS, do you know what the name of that white leafed one is? I love it!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

JoanJ That is a Calladium (probably spelled it wrong) They are indeed lovely. I have used them but have had no luck bringing them back once the go dormant so I have to treat them as annuals when I use them.

Lois this is going to be beautiful!

This message was edited Tuesday, Apr 30th 12:47 AM

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Thanks Zany. I'm thinking, "DUH Joan!" I knew it was a Caladium, I don't know why I typed Colocasia. Colocasia is an elephant ear, right? As you can tell, I'm flunking Gardening 101, but still persevering in the learning department. I do love this plant though, and I would have to dig it every fall. They are only an annual for you in zone 8-10? Yowzie! They are really going to hate North Dakota.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

I think the squirrels got them the first year and the second year we flooded and the probably rotted in the ground. I tried lifting them and storing them but they got shoved too far back in the closet and I forgot them...So they are now annuals for me!

Elizabethton (Stoney, TN(Zone 6b)

I got those 3 caladiums at Lowe's for about $1.44 each. I couldn't decide which color I liked best, so got all three. Thanks for your compliments!

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

It's gonna look great GL.....can't beat the color of caladiums and coleus for the shade!!

"eyes"

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

It is looking great GL!!!!
sue

Oklahoma City, OK(Zone 7a)

I love caladiums. Beautiful.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.