What Else Can I Do With Tins (Cans)?

Ladysmith, BC(Zone 8a)

We buy our jam & marmalade in little tins, (cans). Once you open the cans you then have a clear plastic lid/cover to put on the top to keep the jam or marmalade fresh.

These cans are about 3 inches across and about 3 inches deep. I have been collecting them and now have about 100 of these beauties!

At Christmas I put in the makings of Scottish Shortbread and covered the outside of the cans with a plaid/tartan paper with the instructions on how to make Scottish Shortbread glued on the top of the clear plastic lid/cover and sold them for $3.00 each ($2.00 US!)

What else can I do with them?

I thought about covering them with some sort of 'sewing' motif and gluing a pincushion on the clear plastic covers, selling them as pincushion's & storage.

Thought about filling them with water, freezing them, then punching a pattern with a nail and putting a votive candle or filling with citronella wax and selling as garden lights/lamps.

Anyone have anymore bright ideas?

This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!