poppy for tiG

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

tiG... as promised, here are the small poppies growing on the tar crack by the driveway. they are just beginning to wake up. it is still cooler in the morning. once it warms up they will be fully open.

Thumbnail by MaVieRose
Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Are they perennial for you MaVie?

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

yes they are. the ones i planted a year ago came back on their own. seeds blown by the wind are all over the place. they seem to have a mind of their own LOL! i planted more different varieties this time. am keeping my fingers crossed they do come up soon. if lucky enough i will take photo when they bloom.

to the right side of this photo is where i planted the original poppies. here's the link ... http://davesgarden.com/showthread/218868.html

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

lovely!!! hope they might make the move to a bigger garden soon!!! :)

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

i hope so. one thing for sure... i will take as much soil from where they are, so as not to touch the sensitive roots.

btw... how are the ones i sent u before? are they ok or did they succumb? LOL!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

ummmm..... :(

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

do not worry i understand. i thought the miracle grow and B1 would help transport them. it was worth a try though. do not worry about it. :)!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

they did last for a long time, I don't understand what happened to them. I hate when I lose a plant someone cared enough to send.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.