April 24, 2002

southeast, NE

Good afternoon everyone. Weird weather again. Yesterday it was 80. A cold front flew through this a.m.. The temps dropped, the wind really picked up, we had about 1/4 inch of rain and pea sized hail.

And as I predicted, since dh is gone, Jackie the heifer decided to calve very early Tuesday a.m. I watched her awhile and she was straining quite a bit so I called the neighbor to come over. We pulled the calf. It wasn't real hard to pull but it still took both of us to pull the 90 lb bull calf. So I need to make a batch of cookies and a batch of lasagna to "pay" him for getting up at 3:30 in the morning to help me.

I don't think I told you what dd and I did last week. The previous two years she received a very nice scholarship ($1250) from a foundation and we realized we missed the deadline to renew. However, after saying a few prayers, the school councelor agreed to extend the deadline so that dd can reapply. There is still no guarantee she will get it but at least we were allowed to reapply. So I spent the a.m. working on the financial aid form (man they ask for everything on those forms). However, as I was looking over dd's bills from the University, I don't think they credited her for part of the scholarship this past summer. I just dread calling the University and trying to straighten that out.

Better go - almost time for chores again. I will be glad when dh is home and can take over the goat milking again. My hands are really sore and I'm about ready to turn one of them (the alpine mix) into goat sausage.

You all take care and have a good day.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!